Juan and I have nothing else to do but keep eachother company day in and day out. It leads to some pretty good conversations. It also leads me to realize how out of touch old white men can be... Cough cough, politics. Congrats Barack Obama. Now, on to the story.
"Worrrrrddddd homieeeee!" "What does worrrrddddd homieeeeee mean?", said Juan. I had to go on and explain that it meant, "I agree". From that first uttering of the phrase, Juan has come a long ways. He says word homie loud and proud and even puts in a little jive hand signal when he says it. He also has graduated to other phrases such as "what up wit dat?" and "sup trev dawg?".
Now, by no means is Juan trying to be cool or claim to be up to date with hip hop popular culture. In fact, he realizes the situation and laughs at himself most the time. But, if he can learn pop culture, it gives me hope for myself someday. I have a video posted below that really reminds me of this instance. Enjoy my brothas.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment